E2’s Midwest Chapter is growing! Founded in the fall of 2013, our chapter has members in Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Iowa, and Missouri. Our members are working to advance strong state policies that are good for environment and good for our economy – from clean water in Michigan to clean energy in Illinois.
- Accelerating the clean energy transition
- Modernizing and electrifying our transportation system
- Securing funding for water infrastructure and establishing limits on harmful water contaminants like PFAS.
- Every year with our partners at Clean Energy Trust, E2 releases Clean Jobs Midwest, a survey of clean energy jobs throughout the Midwest region. At the end of 2019 there were over 744,000 clean energy jobs in the Midwest.
- E2 is advocating for strong state policies in Ohio, Michigan and Illinois that fight climate change and grow the clean energy industry
- We launch a Businesses for Clean Water campaign to elevate business voices and advance clean water policies in Michigan
- In Illinois, E2 led business efforts to help pass the Future Energy Jobs Act at the end of 2016, which directs the state to get 25 percent of electricity from renewable sources by 2025 and expands state’s energy efficiency standards
- In Michigan, E2 advocated for Governor Whitmer to set a limit on how much certain harmful chemicals – called PFAS – can be present in our drinking water. In July of 2020, a groundbreaking rule went into effect and made Michigan a national leader tackling PFAS contamination. The new rule will help deliver the promise of safe, reliable, and affordable drinking water that businesses need to locate and thrive in Michigan.
- E2 members throughout the Midwest helped to protect and increase funding for clean energy R&D at DOE and EPA through congressional advocacy in Washington D.C.
Interested in learning more? Want to help us advance our clean energy goals from Chicago to Springfield, to Capitol Hill?
Reach out to Midwest Advocate Micaela Preskill (email@example.com) to start receiving updates on supporting E2’s policy efforts in your area – including attending upcoming events, participating in advocacy campaigns, receiving our email newsletters, and more!