1 Hotels Fellows will work in partnership with NRDC’s Environmental Entrepreneurs (E2) program to identify pressing environmental issues and needs across the country, and then organize and execute projects that help communicate and amplify the business and economic case for smart policies to address these issues.
Fellowships are restricted to early or mid-career professionals. Fellows will be chosen by a committee of seasoned entrepreneurs and environmental leaders, including members of E2’s national network of business leaders and NRDC’s environmental experts. Some preference may be given to location-specific projects where E2 operates, and to projects that help E2 expand our reach in new regions.
Each year, E2 selects 6 new clean energy business leaders who can put their stamp on the educational, political, and business landscape in:
Food & Agriculture
Nature & Wildlife
We are looking for projects that can address these challenges through organizing, research, advocacy, and other creative solutions. Take a look at last year’s fellowship winners in our brochure on the Fellowship.
Fellowships will run from December 2022 – December 2023. In addition to a $20,000 award, fellows will receive support from E2 and NRDC staff to complete their selected projects. Fellows also will become part of E2 and its Emerging Leaders Program, which will include:
- Mentoring from seasoned executives and entrepreneurs across the country in the fields of sustainability, clean energy and other areas;
- Media exposure and press opportunities;
- Inclusion in special E2 Emerging Leaders programs at E2’s nine chapters nationwide;
- Invitations to monthly webinars with business leaders, environmental experts and lawmakers;
- Connections with E2’s network of business leaders, investors and others in sustainability, clean energy and other fields;
Applications for the 2022-2023 program cycle have CLOSED