Caroline E. Bassett
Since 2002, E2 has been leading the charge in the Northeast on an ambitious set of issues, ranging from implementation of New York State Energy Plan’s Reforming the Energy Vision (REV) to supporting Executive Order 2019-1 in Pennsylvania which allows the state to join its neighbors in cutting carbon pollution from power plants by participating in the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative. In recent years, the Northeast chapter has expanded its reach to establish itself as a regional leader on climate, clean energy, and environmental policy.
- Taking comprehensive action on climate
- Modernizing and electrifying our transportation system
- Accelerating the clean energy transition
- Expanding access to energy efficiency jobs
- Protecting rural economies and supporting soil health through regenerative agriculture
- In April 2019, E2 released Clean Jobs New York, a report that details the growth of jobs in fields such as energy efficiency, renewable energy, and clean vehicles across the Empire State
- In May 2019, E2 released Clean Jobs New Jersey, detailing and mapping — for the first time in the Garden State — New Jersey’s clean energy economy
- In June 2019, E2 released Clean Jobs Pennsylvania, outlining a growing trend in the Keystone State towards clean energy, energy efficiency and grid modernization
- E2’s Northeastern accomplishes much of its work through partnerships with organizations like New Yorkers for Clean Power, the Energy Foundation’s New Jersey Business Table, Renewables Work for PA, and Our Transportation Future
- Helped lead business efforts to advance offshore wind and energy efficiency policies
- Led business efforts to advance regional greenhouse gas limits for vehicles in nine Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states
- Lead advocacy efforts to increase the renewable energy standard in Pennsylvania
- Led business advocacy that helped pass new requirements mandating food waste be donated or recycled
Interested in learning more? Want to help us advance our clean energy goals from Harrisburg, to Albany, to Capitol Hill? Reach out to Eastern States Advocate Uchenna Bright (email@example.com) to start receiving updates on supporting E2’s policy efforts in your area – including attending upcoming events, participating in advocacy campaigns, receiving our email newsletters, and more!