Since it’s inception in 2007, the Mountain West chapter has advocated for smart clean energy policies in Colorado and, more recently, expanded its reach to Nevada. The chapters works supporting renewable energy and clean transportation initiatives, including extensions to the nation’s first voter-approved Renewable Portfolio Standard (originally passed in 2004), more recently, in 2017 HB-1227 to extend Xcel Energy’s electrical Demand-Side Management program, in 2018 SB-009 to allow electric utility customers install energy storage equipment, and in 2019, SB-077, an electric vehicle infrastructure bill, one example of the many bills the Rockies chapter supported during the legislative session.
- Advance Electric and Multi-modal Transportation
- Improve Energy Efficiency, including Building Electrification
- Support Economy-Wide Carbon Emissions Reduction Targets
- Expand Renewable Energy and in Colorado ensure all utilities are on the path to 100% clean energy standard by 2040
- In September 2019, E2 released Clean Jobs Colorado, a report that details the growth of jobs in fields such as energy efficiency, renewable energy, and clean vehicles across the Centennial State
- In April 2019, E2 released Clean Jobs Nevada, showing the state was #1 in the nation for clean jobs growth – 32.4%
- E2 works with broad coalitions in Colorado and Nevada to increase our power and voice.
- In partnership with a broad coalition in Colorado, E2 advocated for the new Zero Emission Vehicle program adopted August 2019, that adds to the Low Emission Vehicle program adopted November 2018.
- In Nevada, E2 supported SB-358, which doubles the state’s renewable portfolio standard to 50% by 2030 and require 100% carbon-free emissions by 2050, and passed with 100% bi-partisan support in the legislature.
- In 2019, E2 worked to pass four new laws in Colorado that encourage the adoption of electric vehicles.
Interested in learning more? Want to help us advance our climate and clean energy goals throughout the Mountain West and across the country?
Reach out to Mountain West Advocate Susan Nedell (firstname.lastname@example.org) to begin receiving updates about supporting E2’s policy efforts in your area – including attending upcoming events, participating in advocacy campaigns, receiving our email newsletters, and more!