This week, the E2 Rockies chapter is co-hosting an event, “The Business of Colorado’s Clean Energy Policies,” releasing E2’s new report, “Colorado's Clean Energy Future,” and will have completed twenty four one-on-one meetings with our Colorado legislators, in advance of the legislative session that starts in early January. We have been talking to our legislators about keeping the momentum going with Colorado’s leadership in clean energy policies – which we know drive economic growth, good paying, stable, jobs and help the environment. Many thanks to our members and friends who attended these meetings – this is the essence of our advocacy work – and there will be more to come!
We will soon start to meet with legislators who are not clean energy “champs”, but may be open to our economic message. Also, I am so pleased to let you know E2 will release a Colorado Clean Jobs report – by district – before the next session begins. We know, from work in other states, this is one of the most effective tools we can bring to our advocacy work. So, stay tuned for more calls to action, very soon…
In case you missed some of the Rockies activities posted in the Weekly Update, here’s a summary:
- The Business of Colorado's Clean Energy Policies (10/13). Colorado is a national leader in clean energy. But to keep that growth – and the jobs that come with it – going, we need the right policies in place – right now. We will discuss how our state lawmakers can take simple steps to keep the clean energy industry growing; what it means to our businesses and communities, and how to get involved in creating a better Colorado. See event details here. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to join us!
- E2's Partner Event: Growing Green – Colorado's Clean Energy Workforce, E2’s Bob Keefe moderated (8/2)
- Modernizing coal leasing on public lands boosts Colorado’s economy by Whitney Painter, Grand Junction Sentinel (6-23-16)
- Clean Energy Creates Jobs by Susan Nedell, Op-Ed for PLREDA – the Public Land Renewable Energy Development Act, Pueblo Chieftain (8-30-16)
- Brief interview about cost savings for customers of electric utilities under the Clean Power Plan (CPP). Recent data from Georgia Tech and the Alliance for Industrial Efficiencies show the CPP can boost competitiveness for manufacturers in Colorado and other states. Audio clip and report link here.
- Action Alert to support Gov Hickenlooper’s Executive Order,“Mitigating and Adapting to Climate Change” (9/7)