Today, President Biden released his Fiscal Year 2023 budget. It includes important funding for climate on both the domestic and international front. Following is a statement from Sandra Purohit, director of federal advocacy for the national nonpartisan business group E2:
“The released budget reaffirms the Administration’s commitment to scaling the clean energy economy, creating good jobs at home and saving consumers money. Furthermore, at a time when the war in Ukraine is at the forefront of our minds, this budget will enhance US national security and support our international partners as they move towards clean energy independence.”
For more information also see these links:
- E2 FACTSHEET: Costs of climate change; benefits of climate action
- Details and data about the economic costs of climate change.
- Details on clean energy jobs, including data sorted by sector for every state, metro area and congressional district.
- E2’s annual Clean Jobs America report.
- E2’s Clean Jobs, Better Jobs report detailing wages for clean energy and fossil fuels jobs.
- Other E2 state and national reports.
E2 (Environmental Entrepreneurs) is a national, nonpartisan group of business leaders, investors, and professionals from every sector of the economy who advocate for smart policies that are good for the economy and good for the environment. Our members have founded or funded more than 2,500 companies, created more than 600,000 jobs, and manage more than $100 billion in venture and private equity capital. For more information, see www.e2.org or follow us on Twitter at @e2org.