Pennsylvania’s clean energy economy is growing rapidly across the Commonwealth–revitalizing its job market and boosting it into a position of national leadership.
Growing by over 30 percent since the height of the COVID-19 economic crisis in 2020–clean energy jobs in Pennsylvania have proved their resilience. With one of the fastest growing clean energy sectors in the nation, Pennsylvania became one of the top ten of states with the most clean energy jobs in 2021 and is poised to have national influence on economic growth and combating climate change.
See full report here: Clean Jobs Pennsylvania 2022
Other Key Findings:
- For the first time, Pennsylvania moved into the top ten states with the most clean energy jobs in the country.
- More than half of Pennsylvania clean energy jobs are in traditional industries like construction, manufacturing, and repair services.
- Over 87% of employers reported it being very or somewhat difficult to hire.
- People of color are 20% of the population but make up over 26% of the clean energy workforce, while women make up over 50% of the population but only 27% of the clean energy workforce showing the state still has room to grow more opportunities.
- Almost half of Pennsylvania’s clean energy jobs (44,000) are outside the Pittsburgh and Philadelphia metros.